Thursday 29 September 2011

Weight loss begins again. No, really...

Earlier on in the year I began to grapple with my weight issue again. You may remember this post where I unveiled at the start of my Team Bangs training (warning - not for the faint hearted).

After having the girls in 2009 I lost all my pregnancy weight and more with Weightwatchers, which has served me well over the years when my weight has fluctuated between endo flare ups. Back in 2004 I lost 2 stone through it and kept it off for 3 years with regular exercise and a change of habits.

Weight came back again in the year after my breakdown, when everything went a little pear shaped. I had gone right down to 9 stone, my lowest weight since I was a teenager (nervous exhaustion is a great weight loss tool but I don't recommend it...)and when I began working from home and didnt have my 2 hours of cucling to work everyday my metabolism slowed down.

So, pregnancy, successful loss of baby weight then another depression and endo crash leading to last Winters pile on again. At the start of the year I weighed 11 stone 5. Heavy, bloated, feeling very underconfident.

I now weigh 10 stone 10, so some reduction thanks to running and better nutrition, but I still have a 10 pounds to go to be withing a healthy weight range and another stone before I am feeling happier. I feel fitter, more in shape, more toned and definitely on the way.

Now my training is in place and I am addicted to running I feel like I have some momentum with exercise. I need to make sure I keep my running up in Winter by swapping work time and darker evening time, runnining with groups, on a track and with cross training in the mix.

I am now using Nutracheck to keep track of my calorie consumption and want to really get to grips with shifting some lard now, as part of Operation Fit and Fabulous, and for me.

So, I will keep you updated with how I go.  Shall I aim for, say, 7lbs loss by December 1st?

I think that's a start.

 

DD
x

 

2 comments:

  1. With you on the 7lbs Jo and going to suss out Nutracheck at the weekend, it sounds great.

    Well done on what you've achieved so far, you're a legend.

    Hugs and kisses xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it sounds like a fab idea and you're doing so well already.

    Well done on the run, you're a much braver lady than I! xx

    ReplyDelete