Sunday 7 August 2011

My running essentials

Running essentials

 

As I get more used to this running lark and progress from being an utter beginner to slightly less of a beginner, these are the things I find essential:

Malt Loaf - the food of the gods. It has wheat in so is not fab for my endo, but in terms of a pre-run snack I find it brilliant for some energy releasing carbo goodness. Yum!

£10 - I sneak a tenner into my iPod armband for the all essential "just in case" escape route home. I go out running on fen roads and tracks that can be quite isolated and for me to know I can get home in a cab if I need to is peace of mind.

iPhone - I use my iPhone to track my run with Nike + GPS. Also as it is my phone I can ring if I need help or rescuing :)

Nike + wristband - I use this as a back up for my Nike + GPS so between both readings I have a back up if one fails or I run out of battery etc.

Bananas - the food of the energy gods with potassium and energy loveliness.

Map my Run - I love this website. I use Nike + Coach for tracking my runs and logging my training but Map My Run is a great extra way to log workouts as you can manually add runs, save routes, browse routes and it has extra features that work with and alongside Nike +.

Dextrose - the glucose tablets are great to help my runs. I tend to have one at the start of a long run and pack another in my iPod pouch in case I need another later on.

Ibuprofen gel - I have begun to feel the start of shin splints, so I have been resting and using ibuprofen gel to help heal my injury pain.

Elastoplast tape - I use this underneath my gorgeous Frey Active bra to help prevent chafing under my straps on long runs.

Vaseline - on areas that can rub. Chafing aint fun.

Water - water, water and more water! Staying hydrated is paramount.

Rest - this is one of the most essentual things I have found in my training, to make sure I get enough of it.

Tunes! - I love my Drum and Bass so Hospital Records provides the background to most of my training, alongside Ministry of Sound Running Trax 3.

What are your essentials?

DD
x

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment